9:41 PM

New towel fuzzies...

Posted by Andy Barlow |

My wife, Mary, and I have been needing new towels for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, so we finally took the plunge and bought new towels, hand towels, & wash rags for our lone bathroom this past weekend. I can think of more exciting things to spend $100 on, but hey, we needed them and could afford them, so we did it.

Mary is also an advocate of washing everything before using it - clothing, towels, etc. So we get the new towels home, she washes them, & we use them that same evening after finishing our showers.

The problem?? TOWEL FUZZIES are taking over!! For the love - even after being washed, these things are pregnant with little fuzz balls that get all over you when you dry off. Mary says they'll go away after "a few washes", but I'm hoping that comes soon...they feel like lil bugs crawling on me when the ceiling fan or air conditioner hits them just right...it's just creepy.

Did I just blog about towel fuzzies? I think so...and you read it.

4 comments:

Betsy Blevins said...

I wish I could give you some encouraging words here, but we got new towels in December (I believe) and they are still linting us. ;)

Elizabeth Kidd said...

Yes, yes, yes. Michael and I are going through that same thing right now. And they SHOULD be washed first. Anything you ever buy should be washed before it is used. :) But she is right, they should go away after a few washes. And no, it doesn't usually take 5 months like Betsy's. lol Did ya' check out the lint screen in the dryer after drying them? That's super soft fuzzies! =D And it's usually the softest towels that fuzz for a long time. Next time buy the thin ones that suck and you won't have this problem. LOL LOVE YOU! =D

Betsy Blevins said...

Yes, yes. Allison always checks the lint screen for us and it's always full of fluff. Next time I just won't buy my towels at Kohl's. :p

Lindy Walker said...

bahahaha, its so fun to read what all your siblings have to say about towel fuzzy's!! So my words for you......the fuzz does go away, eventually. Our white towels didnt take near as long as the black ones we used to use. But we're almost 3 years into this and we're not having a problem with fuzzy's now so that should be an encouragement, right?? haha.

Post a Comment

Subscribe